Free Download 80-Year Old Man Planning Seclusion of the Volta Region from Ghana Latest [Nulled] Version
The Chairman of the Homeland Study Group Foundation (HSGF), Papavi Kormi Kudzordzi Hogbedetor and eight others championing the independence of the Volta Region; a region in Ghana have been picked up, on May 5, 2019 by a combined team of armed police and military personnel.
They have been airlifted to Accra where they have been detained in the custody of the Bureau of National Investigations (BNI).
A member of the group, George Nyakpo who confirmed the arrest to said “Kormi Kudzordzi was evacuated from a meeting in Ho to Accra by armed police and military men.
“We were at a consultative meeting at about 5pm, the helicopter landed in the 66 artillery regiment where we were picked and flown to a destination yet to be confirmed”
Mr. Kudzordzi who is over 80 and claims to have the history of the 1956 plebiscite that added Volta Region to Ghana at his fingertips, has championed the independence of Volta region from present day Ghana.
A referendum on the territory’s status was held in British Togoland on 9 May 1956. Since World War I the territory had been a League of Nations mandate, then a United Nations Trust Territory under British control.
The plebiscite resulted in the territory becoming part of Gold Coast, modern day Ghana.
It is believed the leader has printed the assumed currency of the land, drafted its constitution, designed its flag; only to have declared the territory independent this week.
It is not however known how he was going to establish security personnel to protect the assumed territory and its borders from foreign raids.
7-Remanded into Custody
An Accra High Court has remanded into police custody seven persons arrested in the Volta Region for their alleged attempt to declare independence.
One other accused person, Charles Kudjordji, 85, was granted bail to the tune of ¢250,000 with two sureties.
They were on Wednesday slapped with the charges of treason felony, abetment of unlawful training, unlawful assembly and offensive conduct.
At least 30 of the secessionist were arrested in a joint police-military operation in the Volta region.
The assembled members of the cell were preparing to hold a press conference before the security team swooped in.
Senior State Attorney Winifred Sarpong told the three-member panel of High Court Justices that the seriousness of the crimes allegedly committed by the individuals made a grant of remand necessary.
Related: 30 More Arrested over Western Togoland Secessionist Plans
The accused persons namely Charles Kormi Kudjordji, Bisa Akorli, 54; Kofi Dzreke, 39; Thompson Tsigbe, 58; Benjamin Agbadzada, 48; Agbenyega Akudzi, 54; Freemen Blikaku, 36, and Nkpe Tsryiri Kudzo, 61, urged the court to grant them bail saying they had been denied legal representation since their arrest.
Ms Sarpong informed the court the case is being handled by the CID and Interpol with investigations ongoing.
She argued the accused persons intend to declare independence for the current Oti and Volta regions on May 9 making a grant of bail dangerous.
She is explained the accused persons had earlier been arrested for the same conduct in 2017 and bonded to be of good behaviour yet repeated the same conduct.
Presiding Justice Jerome Nkrumah granted the first accused person bail with the others remanded. Other panel members are Justices Charles Ekow Baiden and Afia Asare Botwe.
The case has been adjourned to May 22.
It is reported that followers of the movement have promised to give every support to the detained leader.